Stellar now has support on both Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.
The previous version of the Stellar app only supported the Nano S and could display the details of a limited number of operations. The new version features the ability to display the details of all possible Stellar operations. This means it is no longer required nor possible to sign an uninformative hash of the transaction. This makes approving a transaction maximally secure. The added operations include: pathPayment, passiveOffer, allowTrust, setOptions, accountMerge, manageData, and inflation.
Several improvements to existing functionality have been made:
- On the Nano S a larger summary for account id's is displayed. The first 12 and last 12 characters instead of the first 6 and last 5. On the Ledger Blue these can be viewed in full.
- Text memo's are no longer summarized but now show in full.
- changeTrust operations now also show the issuer account id.
- More descriptive captions for operations and details
- manageOffer price is now correctly qualified
Another new feature that was added is the ability to check the receiving address on the Ledger screen. When a client wallet displays the address of the Ledger-based account we need a way to make sure this is indeed our account id, as otherwise we might be tricked into having funds sent to an account that is not actually ours. To make sure the receiving address displayed by the wallet is correct, the ability to check it on the Ledger was added.
Set options operation on Ledger Blue:
Ledger Blue details screen: