We are building a Patreon-like platform, where you can send Stellar lumens to support a creator. The platform aims to make transfer of value easy and be able to send tiny amounts in order to support indie people who are creating things for public and distributing it free.
Why it matters?
Increasingly CryptoCurrencies are becoming a means of exchange and store of value. If the means of exchange in past has been fiat (including all kinds of charity, donations) then pretty soon people will want to receive CryptoCurrencies as it becomes more accepted. To make this move where more and more people can accept and use it, we need to build every application possible where we can replace fiat with Crypto, for its countless advantages. CryptoPatron is my attempt at building one such application. Choosing Stellar to build it was an obvious choice, considering its transaction time and low transaction fees and amazing dev support.
Here's how you can use the platform -
- Users can login and create an account
- Creators can setup their profile, as a creator I will need to input my Stellar address for payout.
- As a Patron, I can add funds to my CryptoPatron account by depositing XLM to a given address.
- As a Patron, I can browse through multiple categories and see creators in it.
- As a Creator, I can put the link to my CryptoPatron profile on twitter and website in order to encourage people to support me.
- As a Patron, I can choose to send anything between 0.5 to 10000 XLM at once.
In future, I would like to use the interoperability feature of Stellar network to let the Creator convert the received XLM to any other currency and withdraw it.
It will be live in next couple of days.