I'm excited to say that the Alpha version is now up and running for testing! Just a note, the site is currently hooked up to the testnet, so feel free to play around with it and give some feedback!
Check it out at stratiom.io
Although the site is up and running, there will still be plenty of work and updates ahead.
- First and foremost I'll be doing a lot of bug testing. Although I've got some pretty extensive error handling, there is still plenty that can go wrong, I'm certain. So a lot of this time will be spent finding and fixing bugs.
- Ease of use. One of my main goals now is to improve ease of use on the client. This goes along with UI/design improvements, along with improvements to the tutorial. The system is fairly complex, so I'm trying to make it as flexible as it can be, while still being user friendly.
- Ledger support - this is my direct goal, so I'll be jumping straight into that.
- Auth Required vs No Auth - I've been strongly considering this and have leaned to no auth simply for the following reasons. It makes the site easier to use. Without auth required, users can create trustlines and get started. At the same time, for the extra hoops auth required adds, it doesn't improve the system or user security all that much. The only benefit from auth required is allowing auth revocable, and letting users revoke asset ownership when trust changes. That said, I could see cases for sender to abuse auth revocable, making it a bit of a double edged sword.
This should all be done and the full site should be launched within the next 5-7 days, after which I hope to eliminate server rendering and release the open source client.
I feel now is a good time to thoroughly address the long term of this project.
I'll list a few things that I'd like to focus on for future builds.
- Mobile clients. While I saw to it that the website worked very well on mobile, I'd still like to launch mobile versions.
- Develop a commercial closed source implementation of the p2p system. This would be centered around user accounts, which would enable faster operations (less reliance on horizon), push notifications, customization, and a greater ease of use. For example, I could link some fiat debt settlement methods such as PayPal, etc. The consumer version would be a multi month project though. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share further details.
- I did my best on the UI and am still improving it, but I am ultimately no web designer. I'd love to get a really high quality design for the site.
- Expansion and promotion: naturally I'm building this app to be used! So I'll most definitely be dedicating some time promoting the website, and helping new users learn the system.
Wow, just to close, I'm surprised by how far this project has come. I have been living and breathing this project. Ultimately, I hope the work payed off, and I hope the community finds it a valuable tool.
Please though, it's still just the first build, so if you have any suggestions or feedback at all, feel free to share.