Social wallet with cryptographically signed user profiles and federation addresses. Send Lumens to anyone easily and securely without compromising your secret keys.
- Strictly enforce secure method of accessing user assets.
- Enable newcomers to experience Stellar ecosystem through familiar user interface.
- Abstract away concepts like public/private keys.
- Provide extended contact book with cryptographic signatures of profiles and payment addresses attached to user’s Stellar account.
- Curate asset and institutional contact list.
Our mission, simply put, is to accelerate the adoption of Stellar ecosystem and protocol and provide our users the set of tools that will allow them to transact with ease. We designed this wallet with a goal that the users should not be overwhelmed with a plethora of complex concepts from the very beginning. We want to provide an anchor point for a gentle transition from the old financial world and all its shortcomings.
We started working on the concept in early 2017 and have entered previous Stellar Build Challenge(s) with this tool. The constructive feedback we have received, allowed for further iterations of this project and today it is available for transactions on the public Stellar network as a pretty decent alternative/supplement to Ledger Live or Stellar Account Viewer.
Stellar Development Foundation described this project as “project with strong fundamentals and work, that could grow quickly with more adoption, feedback, user-experience or support”. Every major iteration of our product will include abstracted features of Stellar protocol that will enable users to achieve financial inclusion and full control of their assets as well as participation in activities that were previously reserved to privileged individuals or accredited investors.
Cygnus Wallet as of release version 0.1.55 enables secure transacting on public Stellar network and provides users with the following important features:
- Send payments to your contacts. Easily find every contact by name, payment address or account number with fuzzy search.
- Add contact by payment address, account number or send an email invite.
- Search for contacts with any federated providers.
- Contact profiles are securely signed.
- Choose preferred fiat currency for each contact.
- Set memo for federated contacts.
- Cryptographically sign your user profile data, including Stellar payment address.
- Set your own memo to receive payments with it from other contacts.
- Turn on/off your payment address public listing.
- Nuke user account data stored on our servers.
- Optionally sign your user profile to verify identity and provide destination guarantee to the sender.
- It is possible to make a Stellar Lumens payment without typing/seeing destination public key.
- Use traditional bank paycheck to send any amount of funds to anyone else with an aid of your preferred currency (exchange rate calculation is done in the background).
- Intuitive summary of what transaction you’re about to sign.
- Access to all previous transactions.
The main view shows the account balance in preferred currency as well as current account reserve required to keep the account open.
The wallet is currently web based and works with browsers supporting U2F API, which include Firefox Quantum, Chrome, Brave and Opera. There are three ways to access a Stellar account with this wallet:
- Email/password credentials. Registration is free and registered users will get all the features of the wallet for free.
- Lightweight client for quick transaction or account viewing.
- Account explorer - view only explorer of Stellar accounts by public key or federation address.
The wallet is available at https://cygnus.stellarfox.net
Our landing page: https://stellarfox.net
We are fully open source and the entire code base (including some documentation) is available through our Github repositories https://github.com/stellar-fox
Cygnus Wallet currently only supports Ledger hardware keychain. We have also implemented software multisig solution to provide our users with similar level of security and be able to sign transactions with a simple pin/password. In order to enable this solution, our newly onboarded users would have to have either an existing Stellar account or we would create new account with initial balance either via smart contract loan or a give away.