Stellar Community Forum
Stellar Community is a forum where people can discuss all things Stellar!
- Create a nice, friendly and welcoming forum to allow people to learn more about Stellar and discuss it with others.
- The UI and UX needed to be top quality, especially on mobile. That's why it's fully responsive 🎉
- Encourage people that are well known in the Stellar ecosystem to discuss Stellar with the rest of the community (did you know we hosted an AMA with Jesse Lund who is the Vice President of IBM Blockchain)? This took a lot of time to organise with IBM but it was totally worth it 😀
- Encourage members of the community to create tutorials to share their knowledge with the rest of the community. We created a tutorials section and have had some really information posts. There's also badges that we award to members for helping people out and contributing to the forum!
- Since the forum was created back in 2017 and has thousands of members now - it has become increasingly important to make sure our members are safe from phishing attempts. Because of this, we've created a system where posts must be moderated before going live for all new members.
Stellar Community allows people to learn more about stellar, whether they are a newbie and want to get involved in buying some Stellar or they are a developer and need help integrating their system with the Stellar network (we have a developer section which has solved a lot of issues for developers and has allowed them to get work done quicker).
The cryptocurrency space can be quite intimidating and scary when you first start out, but we've created a community that's the exact opposite of that - nice and friendly. As mentioned before, we've thousands of members that are more than willing to help others out.
The forum works on both desktop and mobile and is fully responsive.
Stellar Community Forum
Some useful posts posted on the forum:
- 5 tips for Storing and Sending Lumens Safely
- Inflation & Inflation Pools
- AMA with Jesse Lund who is the Vice President of IBM Blockchain
Stellar Community has got support from the SDF in the past through the Stellar Build Challenge which was highly appreciated. I've been running the forum since 2017 and would love to have some support from Stellar to keep it going. Hosting costs are fully covered by me and while I'm not making anything from it (I will never put ads on it), I believe it adds a huge amount of value to the community and should be kept alive.
It does take a lot of time to moderate content throughout the day too, but again - this is extremely important to keep the community safe from phishing attacks which are widespread in cryptocurrency.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you've any suggestions to improve the forum! 👏