Timed Transactions API
Enables third parties to schedule timed transactions on the Stellar network
Our project’s mission is to accelerate development timelines and to ease implementation of the Stellar network services. This is achived by creating a second layer infrastructure with API services designed for the most common payments use cases. We will begin with timed and multiple transactions.
Our goal is to share our existing scheduling features in a public, scalable way, so that developers and wallet operators can focus on quickly turning their ideas into applications.
Our objectives are:
- Create an API to enable timed and scheduled transactions on the Stellar Network.
- Schedule a payment to be sent on a specific future date
- Schedule a payment to recur daily, weekly, or monthly
- Create an API that provides the ability to define multiple transactions with different destination addresses and different date settings.
- Send mass payments of various quantities and Stellar-based Asset Codes to many public keys at once or on various dates, by simple CSV format ingest.
- Adapt our existing scheduling services to meet the requirements of an open API.
- Provide the API as a non-custodian service. Secret keys are not transmitted. Signing of transactions is done by SEP-007
- Run and maintain a server to submit the transactions (XDRs) at the right time.
- Provide easy to understand documentation, tutorials, and support forums, describing the functions in detail and explaining the API definitions, structure, and usage.
What does the Timed Transactions project enable users to do?
Timed Transactions enables it’s B2B users (e.g. wallet developers) to extend their use cases on timed transactions. This enables a whole range of new functionalities as e.g. escrow services.
Timed Transactions is a project of “Blue Orion” service platform. So, far we’ve developed the following value-added features, which are live on our site, blueorion.cc (but which need API’s built):
- Timed Transactions: schedule future payments on specific dates.
- Recurring Payments: send payments daily, weekly, or monthly.
- MultiSend: mass distribute any quantity of any Stellar-based token, to any list of public keys, and schedule bulk token distribution with a simple CSV-file upload.
- MyKeys: make a static URL to monitor a KeyList, a set of public keys and their balance.
- Vouchers: redeem a 5-digit code to get a wallet pre-funded with XLM & SMART.
- Proof of Existence: validate integrity of intellectual property by a hash on Stellar blockchain.
Why is the Timed Transactions project valuable for Stellar?
Stellar gains value from the Timed Transactions project because the API will add a new service which is not yet existing on the Stellar network. Additionally, the Timed Transactions project will enable a new range of use cases not possible before.
Further, entrepreneurs and enterprises alike will be able to create minimum viable products faster and cheaper, which enables them to validate customer adoption, and makes them more likely to launch applications based on the Stellar protocol.
Integration into other platforms and wallets?
We just recently connected with lobstr.co, a widely used Stellar wallet, satoshipay.io (micropayments) and also with stellarport.io (exchange and wallet). Our next steps are the review of their use cases and requirements on the API.
How will we spend the funds, if we would be one of the winners?
We will cover the current expenses like server and infrastructure. Second we will aim to make the project self sustaining to make sure it will be available and free for usage in the future.
If you like our project give us a like here on galactictalk, as the number of likes are the criteria to be nominated into the next round. Thanks.
Demo Walkthrough: https://blueorion.cc/documents/Blue-Orion_SCF_Demo.pdf
Direct signin with a testaccount: https://blueorion.cc/testaccount