LOBSTR wallet - https://lobstr.co
LOBSTR - simple and secure Stellar wallet available on the web, Android and iOS.
- Withdraw/deposit tethered Stellar assets for all anchors that implement SEP-0006 (See more on that below under the “Anything else” section)
- New validators for Stellar network
- Access to LOBSTR inflation pool for all Stellar ecosystem developers (See more on that below under the “Anything else” section)
- Buy crypto with credit cards
- New “Send” flow for mobile apps (ability to send Stellar assets to email address or phone number)
- Referral program (See more on that below under the “Anything else” section)
- Improvements for trading interface
- Knowledge base updates (new articles and video tutorials)
- More multisig improvements (N of M multisig support and other updates)
- Support for transaction signing requests through SEP-0007 from other apps and URI schemes support
- Contacts section revamp. Similar look and feel to phone book contacts. Enhanced search, address book export, sharing contacts
- Price alerts (stay on top of any Stellar asset price 24/7 with PUSH notifications)
- Enable 2FA directly from mobile apps (currently 2FA setup is available on the web only)
- Multiple upgrades for federated address management
- Local key storage mode
- New asset page (rich description for every asset including stats, market cap, charts, SDEX price, etc). Better support for restricted assets and KYC (auth_required, auth_revocable parameters)
- Ledger Nano X support (via Bluetooth)
Check out the video we prepared for you to find out more about LOBSTR wallet and its features:
Anything else (additional information):
Access to LOBSTR inflation pool for Stellar ecosystem developers
LOBSTR will help other projects building on Stellar to benefit from inflation of Stellar network.
The Stellar network has a built-in inflation mechanism which distributes new lumens (1% each year) and transaction fees among the accounts which receive the “votes” from users.
This may serve several purposes. In particular, it allows people to collaborate and vote for certain ecosystem projects, supporting them with the inflation rewards.
However, in order to receive inflation, each account first needs to solve a difficult challenge and get above the minimum votes threshold, which is over 50M. This means that a total balance of wallets voting for the account should be over 50M lumens.
Once this threshold is reached a project can start receiving inflation benefits, which may help fund development and fuel further growth. Several projects in the Stellar ecosystem have made attempts to collect their own collect inflation, but at this point this is a very challenging task, since majority of lumens are not yet distributed, which makes the threshold even more difficult.
So, supporting a smaller project through inflation mechanism was not really a feasible option.
LOBSTR (thanks to over 100,000 voting users) was able to overcome the inflation threshold and started receiving inflation payouts. This now helps us fund the development and continue innovating.
Next, we want to help other projects benefit from inflation as well by opening our inflation pool for other projects.
We are building a tool that will allow any project building on Stellar ecosystem (wallet, SDK, exchange, etc) to direct the user votes to our inflation pool (users will need to sign a single simple transaction), and immediately receive their share of inflation payouts. You can think of this like Lumenaut pool, but for companies building on Stellar. As an example, 3M votes will generate a monthly revenue of 2500 XLM, which depending on the XLM price may help pay the hosting bills, pay part-time contractors or even provide a support needed to focus on the project full-time.
Technically, all the accounts will share the same inflation destination, and the routing will happen through home domain or account data entries - so the shares count will be transparent.
We will be refunding 100% of the payouts for the open-source projects, and taking a small fee from others.
Full details about the service will be announced in June, once we launch the tools.
Please let us know if you’d like to get the early access - we are looking for several projects that would be interested to start in a week or two.
We are working on a referral program for LOBSTR, where a user can invite 3 new users (friends, family) and get a bonus for invitation.
Invite friends by sending them a few lumens by email or phone number.
We have designed a great onboarding experience for new users that will make it easy for new users to get started with Stellar.
We already have the back-end to do it right now.
All you need to do is send payment lumens or any other Stellar asset to any email like
email@example.com*lobstr.co or any phone number like
+11234567890*lobstr.co to trigger the onboarding email or SMS from LOBSTR, which will give new user ability to claim the assets.
We are still designing the rules and rewards, but there’ll be a manual validation to ensure fair participation.
SEP-0006 Withdraw/Deposit support
LOBSTR will provide withdraw and deposit options for Stellar anchors that support it.
This will be based on SEP-0006 protocol and will be live in a few weeks.
It will be possible to exchange several crypto or fiat assets with its Stellar anchors equivalents right from your wallet.
Let's say you have a Bitcoin that you want to deposit to LOBSTR.
Just add any BTC-tethered Stellar asset in LOBSTR, click "Deposit" on the asset page and follow the instructions. When you'll send BTC to anchor account on Bitcoin blockchain, you'll receive BTC asset issued on Stellar in your LOBSTR wallet.
That will work for tethered fiat currencies as well.
Send your USD or EUR to anchor (through bank transfer or card payment) and you’ll receive the same amount of Stellar tokens to your LOBSTR account.
Withdraw fiat Stellar assets directly to your bank account or credit card in a few clicks.
Some anchors may choose to request a KYC verification process, which you’ll be able to complete directly from LOBSTR. This needs to be done once (if anchor requires KYC), and afterwards you’ll be able to seamlessly exchange tethered assets.
List of Stellar anchors where withdraw/deposit will be available:
- apay.io (BCH, BTC, LTC, ETH and a few other ERC20 tokens);
- stellarport.io (BTC, ETC, XRP, LTC);
- fchain.io (BTC);
- anchorusd.com (USD);
- tempo.eu.com (EUR).