Summary: Mobile app and Chrome Extension, that allows to send lumen donations instead of 'like' in social network in just one click.
- Charities take on commission fees from transactions. These commissions could be spent to solve global problems, not to serve the acquiring. So the first goal is to lower the charity commissions.
- Commonly user have to follow 5 steps when donating in the internet:
1.find the bank card
2.fill all banking account data to special inputs
4.post it to the web-page
5.wait for response
The long user story prevents many users from donating and creating an unpleasant image of charity. The second goal is to make donation a “one-click” process and increase the amount of philantropists.
- Second quarter of 2020 - publication of Chrome Extension to the browser store. Supported social networks: YouTube, Vk, Facebook.
- Third quarter of 2020 - widen the social network list: Instagram, Medium added. We are also going to release an Airhug widget, that would be easily integrated to personal web pages.
- Fourth quarter: mobile app release.
We integrate a small hag icon under the content of users in popular social networks. Every user can set the donation amount in the app and send it to other users or charity by clicking the hug icon. If you are a content-maker, you can choose a charity and all money, that you get from your followers, will go directly to the chosen charity. We are going to provide an opportunity to make one-click donation in all popular social networks: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vkontakte etc. Currently only Vkontakte is integrated.
Each user registered in the application receives his account in the stellar network. User can transfer, deposit or withdraw money, - simple client functions. Though, we try to make it more interactive and give routine transactions much more sense.
For now, we are developing the Chrome Extension, that would be available through Chrome store. In the next year we are going to release the cross-platform mobile app, that would have the same functionality, but instead of “icon” integration to the social network apps we provide an opportunity to share the content link via Airhug mobile app. When sharing, the mobile app would parse the link and detect the counteragent of the transaction.
Here is the user flow description: https://github.com/HsergeyF/airhugWebext/blob/master/Readme.md
We want to lower the threshold for users to enter the application and the stellar network in particular. The only problem now is that we create an account in the stellar mainnet for each new user who registers through the application. This is disadvantageous for us, since the cost of one registration is at least 1 lumen. In this regard, we would not be able to support the application in long perspective. Therefore, all funds raised go to the creation of new accounts and app maintenance.