Project title: Biblosphere
The app is a marketplace for paperback books sharing. It allows users to get a book from neighbors and colleagues instead of buying a new one.
The goal of the project to redirect consumer's behavior to share and reuse books already available in the community instead of buying a new one.
- Develop an app for book sharing (Done)
- Pilot the app in communities with high trust and strong connections (eco-villages, yoga clubs, NGO, co-working spaces, intentional communities, foreign language courses, expat communities, etc).
- Extend app target audience to wider public
- Develop book recommendation system to make the app more attractive (make a photo of your bookshelf and we will recommend you what to read next)
I'm an independent developer. My basic living cost is covered by income from equity, so I'm fully dedicated to this project and going to focus on it till success. I'm both technical and business, so till significant growth I can manage project myself.
- Q1 2020 launching book recommendation system in the app
- Q2 2020 launching book recognition system by photo of bookshelf
- Q2 2020 Completion of pilot phase to spread the app in communities and find niches and motivation for people to join and use the app.
- Q3 2020 start of scaling (a big city will be chosen to scale the app as city tool for book sharing. Candidate cities are: Dubai, Singapore, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hong Kong).
- Q4 2020 get a stable exponential growth in terms of number of users and number of transactions
This project enables users to get books they want to read from a community (friends, neighbors, colleagues) instead of buying it from bookstores. The app is a marketplace. So people provide books to each other. It's valuable for Stellar as it allows people to spend their Lumens to cover their reading related expenses. It will redirect a money flow from corporations (Amazon) to people and from fiat currencies to Stellar. It will also spread the word about Stellar within a community, so ordinary people can start using it on their daily needs. The app support Stellar as a payment method to get in-app balance and as a method to get paid for the sold/rented books. It's now available on App Store and Google Play for iOS and Android platforms.
The app replace inefficient book consumption when someone can buy a book read it once and keep forever with no reason. With the app the same book can be read dozen times which save resources tenfold.