What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and email address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the email address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site - we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service - your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails - the email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your username, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit or access your personal information.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make an effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server for no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts for no more than 5 years.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
If you wish to delete your data, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address belonging to your account.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated on June 5th, 2020. It has been adapted from a document by Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.