EduNode - meet, learn, and build on the Stellar Network.
We are your educational platform on the Stellar Network, we help you build open-source tools on Stellar.
Resources & Content
- Develop an easy to use platform that connects members of the Stellar Community
- Support developers and enthusiasts with the necessary resources to start building.
- Create an engaged community of enthusiasts and developers.
- Educate people and increase awareness about the Stellar Network.
- Facilitate the necessary tools and resources in order to start building on the network.
- Organize events such as meetups and workshops which allows participants to learn and develop apps on the Stellar Network.
My name is Olvis Gil, I am a Colombian currently living in Vienna, Austria. I am the co-founder at Experio, and I also organize the Stellar Austria Developers Meetup (which was organized together with Bernard from GalacticTalk), you can join the Keybase team: stellar_at.
One of our goals is to develop a reward system for content creators. For this, we will use Albedo, which allows anyone to securely reward/donate content creators. Albedo allows other Stellar apps to request transaction signing or identity verification without ever exposing your secret key, here you can find more details about how Albedo works: https://albedo.link/. For the moment, we have implemented a “Login With Albedo” feature, check out the video below:
And now we will focus on developing the payment widget that will be used by users and content creators to securely send and receive payments on the Stellar Network.
EduNode was born out of a need to increase the awareness about the Stellar Network. We support developers and non-developers to understand which are the best ways and resources needed in order to start building applications using the Stellar Network.
- The front-end of the platform was built using ReactJS, Material UI and React-boostrap.
- Community map implementation with MapboxGL.
- User registration system built using Redux, Nodemailer and NodeJS.
- Front end deployed on Netlify and Backend deployed on Heroku.
- We use MongoDB for database management.
01 2020 - Idea and conceptualization.
03 2020 - First Stellar Austria Developers Meetup in Vienna, check out the post on twitter.
03 2020 - Landing page.
04 2020 - List of resources and tools.
05 2020 - Community map.
06 2020 - Registration System and Sign in with Google.
07 2020 - Account, Profile and Dashboard
08 2020 - Albedo auth Implementation
09 2020 - Identicons Implementation for user accounts (developed by LBSTR)
Benefits of EduNode for the Stellar Network
Our project is valuable for Stellar because we help to increase awareness about the Stellar Network by creating engaging events that help attendees learn more about Stellar and to join the #stellarfamily. We want to become the go-to open-source education platform for the Stellar ecosystem, and in order to achieve this, we will need your support and feedback in order to reach our goals.
We are working on a list of resources and tools that helps developers get started
Any registered user will have the possibility to create stories and be rewarded. You can find our blog here: http://edunode.org/blog
The idea behind this map is to be able to locate community members of the #stellarfamily around the globe, which will serve as a great source for newcomers to easily find Stellar Communities
Workshops and Meetups
We also organize events that educate attendees about the benefits of building on Stellar. We support them by providing the tools they need in order to start building on Stellar.
Our Workshop help participants to understand basic and advanced topics such as:
- What is Stellar?
- Introduction to Stellar Nodes
- What are the Order books
- Supported languages and Community SDKs
- Developer tools and resources
- Operations and Issuing assets
- Wallets and Exchanges
Stellar, Education, Resources, Content, Open Source