In this tutorial I will explain how to send and receive STR (Lumen) between Centaurus wallet and Poloniex exchange. I won't discuss the other tasks that you may carry out with this wallet. Also, i am taking for granted that you feel confortable exchanging at least BTC at Poloniex.
Before i go on, you should know that at the beginning of Stellar project, the coin was called Stellar, abbreviated as STR, but was later changed to Lumen, shorthanded as XLM, to differentiate it from Stellar network. What i don't know is the reason why Poloniex kept the old acronym. In short, just keep in mind that Poloniex STR is equivalent to XLM.
Receiving Lumens from Poloniex
To deposit STR from Poloniex to a Centaurus wallet just follow these simple steps.
Install Centaurus from Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.xcoins.centaurus
When you first open the Centaurus app, it will display the Home interface (Figure 1):
Located at upper left part is your current STR balance.
Right below are the "Export" and "Import" buttons. The first one is used to backup your address secret key. I recommend to save it in a safe place to protect your funds in case you lose access to your phone. The "Export" button also let you to reuse your account in other wallets.
The "Import" button, let you load the secret key created with another wallet into Centaurus, to manage your funds within it.
In the bottom zone, appart from the home view there are seven more sections: Anchors, Contacts, Receive, Wallet, Send, History and About.
- Your Stellar Address is in the "Receive" section (figure 2). Press Share and then click "Copy to the clipboard" option of your Android phone. Next, paste it into a notepad app of your choice. Only select your address, which in this case is a sequence of letters and numbers starting with the letter "G" and ending with the letter "A" (figure 3). Note that you don't have to select the period after the last letter.
As you already may realize, appart from numbers, BTC addresses contain upper and lower case letters while Stellar only has upper case letters.
- Now you may paste your STR address into the address field of your Poloniex deposit form (figure 4), enter an amount and click the widthdraw buttom. The memo id field is optional, this a numeric value that is mostly used in exchanges to distinguish its users deposits.
- It's done! In a couple of minutes, you will receive your Lumens in your Centaurus wallet (figure 5)
Sending Lumens from Centaurus to Poloniex
- First of all, you should be aware that in order for sending to be valid, you need to keep a minimum balance of 20 STR. Otherwise Centaurus will display an error, like the one below.
- That being said, at Centaurus wallet press the Send button. In this interface from top-down you will see four deposit related elements: "Destination Address" field, deposit amount field, "Destination tag" and "Scan Code" (figure 7) In this tutorial you won't need to use the last element.
- Click Poloniex Stellar Deposit link (figure 8) Copy the memo.id value. Return to Centaurus wallet and click Destination Tag, this displays an input field where you will paste the memo.id value. (figure 9)
Copy and paste the Poloniex Stellar Address into Destination Address field.
Then put the STR amount that you want to send to the exchange, as picture shown below.
- Finally, click "Send" button. In a few minutes you will receive Lumens in your Poloniex Stellar Address
That's all. I hope that this mini tutorial will be useful to you.