Just in last couple of days came up with this idea, and decided to mention it here too.
I published npm package:
to simplify generation of Stellar QR codes while there is still no standard for that.
- No standard for stellar payment links / QR codes generation
- Many Stellar services ask for private key of a user, sooner or later it may lead to disaster, practice must be eradicated.
I'm aware of 3 wallets capable of scanning QR codes (if there are more please let me know in comments):
- Centaurus expects Stellar account in QR code, which is useful in limited number of cases and not enough for generic payments with memo and asset info
- Stargazer expects JSON structure, containing account, amount, memo and asset info (it's alright, but must be extended to support more operations and not as easy to be used as payment link)
- PapayaBot implements Stargazer format
There's been a discussion previously to come up with more generic format and be able to register link handlers, etc. I'm currently experimenting with it in my other project with codename StellarKey.
So my solution to all above is for everyone to use one shared lib to show user a payment widget, where he can choose his wallet and get QR code generated for his wallet. This is temporary solution, which will allow the community to experiment with different formats and later easily update all merchants to use single format adopted by wallets.
During the next week I'll integrate it into couple of my other projects to showcase how it works and publish here some screenshots.