Bitrophone (former XLM.Records / Online Music Distribution Service)
We changed projects name from XLM.Records to Bitrophone, due to possible copyright issues in future and brand policy of Stellar.
*Our Demo Website is Finally live on our personal server https://sabrikas.com/bitrophone/musician
Since it is demo version, you will need a demo account. Here is demo account; to use.
**BE SURE YOU ARE USING HTTPS:// AND NOT HTTP:// OTHERWISE YOU MAY NOT LOGIN **
Apologies to our supporters. Due to lack of sources we couldn't enable/create some features & cloud servers, mail servers for notifications and account creation & licensing protocols for songs and payment screen for stellar & cc etc etc. We completed backend development as much as we can. If we get to win community fund, we will use funding to get those requirements and upgrade the website in future. But i think we created a cool demo version in less then a month. at least our supporters now have something to see and vote.
What will be done, what are the deliverables?
Stellar has good use for fast micro payments. Because of that, we want to build our own music distribution service on it.
What we aim? What are the features?
We aim to be biggest music distribution service that utilizes blockchain & accepts cryptocurrency for payment.
Bitrophone will be an app and website works on Stellar Blockchain & utilizes $xlm as main currency.
I (Caner Sevince) personally worked in couple projects in blockchain space but none of them had confident in theirself, to become one of the biggest services at online music industry. After some time they became deactive or went offline.
How is this project works?
- Musician pays subscription cost to Bitrophone using $xlm (from various subscription options).
- Musician gets “Subscriber” account title after network confirmation.
- Musician gets rights to upload song & audios & artwork.
- Uploaded song & audios & artwork goes to conversion in order to get high quality & compressed files as the music stores want.
- Bitrophone delivers uploaded content to music stores such as Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Youtube, Google Play Music and Bitrophone Music App.
- Stores verify and check for any copyright issues.
- Accepted songs will be released on platforms.
- Stores deliver stream reports every 2-3 months.
- With the royalty earning reports coming from stores, Bitrophone buys $xlm from exchanges.
- Musicians will be able to withdraw their earnings from Bitrophone (9↑) website.
- Every 6th month Bitrophone buys $XLM and holds with %40 of the profit made from subscribed users.
- Service users and musicians of community gets promoted by our curators in our website & blogs.
What problem we solve?
- Slow transactions in music industry between artists and their labels
- Low earning rate for musicians/high distributor fees
- High bank fees, and problem solver for the artists live in countries with no paypal support
- Release of music takes too much time in online music distribution services
- Expensive distribution services
- Copyright issues while covering songs
- Improving the marketing for Stellar community & market liquidity
Basic level of project
The basics of project, basic functions for website & ui & setting up forum, payment system, account subscription levels and couple test runs and localization
- Getting social media handles & setting up project servers on discord & slack etc..
- Getting domain and hostings
- Logo design
- Landing Page
- Designing UI
- Creating a forum for users on Bitrophone website
- Functions for cloud and user database
- Start posting blogs about XLM and Bitrophone on social media pages
- Encrypting uploaded files in PHP
- Control Panel for staff
- Upload panel for users
- Integrating website with cloud server
- Implementing file conversion methods that stores wants to music be converted
- Support & Live Support Panel
- Mobile App for tracking stats & sales & current state of uploaded songs
- Turkish / Italian / Portuguese / German / Chinese localization of website and app
- Customizable Artist Pages
- Newsfeed / New Releases Tab / Artist Blogs
- WebSocket support
- Automation for upcoming reports from music stores
- API keys for 3rd apps
- Documentation for protocols, license agreement
- Maximum optimization for server and song / artwork file conversions
- Website with documentation and examples
- A realtime HTML5-enabled client(pc/android/ios) to interact with control panel, move funds from hot wallet without needing private keys.
- Android / IOS apps for users to track account client, that manages balances, list of transactions made in website and transaction confirmation.
- Test runs
- Bug detection
- Bug fixing
Any objective can change, we can add-remove the features above by the time passes(if needed).
After everything completed in development side, we will need to have distribution rights. We will mostly use our funding for this stage. And since we have a Economy studied member, it will be easy to get through this process.
- Provide a Registered Agent
- Establish a legal company to have music distribution rights.
- Tax Plate
- Marketing with local musicians & social media influencers
- Open a TR Merchant Account
- Open a Bank Account For Company in TR (Turkey)
- Have an office for team and work.
Team members and their backgrounds
We are a 2-member team of tech and music geeks from Turkey. We are both passionate about music & web design & blockchain. We mostly spend our times creating music and learning new programming languages & developing new ideas.
I am Caner Sevince, 23 yo - Blockchain Enthusiast since 2016, worked on couple projects as moderator & turkish community manager. I’m working as part-time English-Turkish Translator, studying German Language Teaching at Çukurova University, and Web Design and Coding as second university.
Also known as Seadox, Music Producer, Songwriter in Turkey.
And my friend is a web developer, his name is Sabri Kaş, 23 yo - Freelance Web developer since 2015, studying Finance at Çukurova University, worked on various website designs in Turkey and couple projects.