XLM.Records / Online Music Distribution Service
What will be done, what are the deliverables?
Stellar has good use for fast micro payments. Because of that, we want to build our own music distribution service on it.
What we aim? What are the features?
We aim to be biggest music distribution service that utilizes blockchain & accepts cryptocurrency for payment.
XLM.Records will be an app and website works on XLM Blockchain & utilizes $xlm as main currency.
I (Caner Sevince) personally worked in couple projects in blockchain space but none of them had confident in theirself, to become one of the biggest services at online music industry. After some time they became deactive or went offline.
How is this project works?
- Musician pays subscription cost to XLM.Records using $xlm (from various subscription options).
- Musician gets “Subscriber” account title after network confirmation.
- Musician gets rights to upload song & audios & artwork.
- Uploaded song & audios & artwork goes to conversion in order to get high quality & compressed files as the music stores want.
- XLM.Records delivers uploaded content to music stores such as Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Youtube, Google Play Music and XLM.Records Music App.
- Stores verify and check for any copyright issues.
- Accepted songs will be released on platforms.
- Stores deliver stream reports every 2-3 months.
- With the royalty earning reports coming from stores, XLM.Records buys $xlm from exchanges.
- Musicians will be able to withdraw their earnings from XLM.Records(9↑) website.
- Every 6th month XLM.Records buys $XLM and holds with %50 of the profit made from subscribed users.
- Service users and musicians of community gets promoted by our curators in our website & blogs.
What problem we solve?
- Slow transactions in music industry between artists and their labels
- Low earning rate for musicians/high distributor fees
- High bank fees, and problem solver for the artists live in countries with no paypal support
- Release of music takes too much time in online music distribution services
- Expensive distribution services
- Copyright issues while covering songs
- Improving the marketing for Stellar community & market liquidity
Basic level of project
The basics of project, basic functions for website & ui & setting up forum, payment system, account subscription levels and couple test runs and localization
- Getting social media handles & setting up project servers on discord & slack etc..
- Getting domain and hostings
- Logo design
- Landing Page
- Designing UI
- Creating a forum for users on XLM.Records website
- Functions for cloud and user database
- Start posting blogs about XLM and XLM.Records on social media pages
- Encrypting uploaded files in PHP
- Control Panel for staff
- Upload panel for users
- Integrating website with cloud server
- Implementing file conversion methods that stores wants to music be converted
- Support & Live Support Panel
- Mobile App for tracking stats & sales & current state of uploaded songs
- Turkish / Italian / Portuguese / German / Chinese localization of website and app
- Customizable Artist Pages
- Newsfeed / New Releases Tab / Artist Blogs
- WebSocket support
- Automation for upcoming reports from music stores
- API keys for 3rd apps
- Documentation for protocols, license agreement
- Maximum optimization for server and song / artwork file conversions
- Website with documentation and examples
- A realtime HTML5-enabled client(pc/android/ios) to interact with control panel, move funds from hot wallet without needing private keys.
- Android / IOS apps for users to track account client, that manages balances, list of transactions made in website and transaction confirmation.
- Test runs
- Bug detection
- Bug fixing
Any objective can change, we can add-remove the features above by the time passes(if needed).
After everything completed in development side, we will need to have distribution rights. We will mostly use our funding for this stage. And since we have a Economy studied member, it will be easy to get through this process.
- Provide a Registered Agent
- Establish a legal company to have music distribution rights.
- Tax Plate
- Marketing with local musicians & social media influencers
- Open a TR Merchant Account
- Open a Bank Account For Company in TR (Turkey)
- Have an office for team and work.
Team members and their backgrounds
We are a 3-member group from Turkey. We all passionate about music & blockchain development. We mostly spend our times creating music and learning & developing on blockchain.
I am Caner Sevince, 23 yo - Blockchain Enthusiast since 2016, worked on couple projects as moderator & turkish community manager. I’m working as part-time English-Turkish Translator, getting Bachelor Degree at Çukurova University, Studying German Language Teaching. Also Music Producer, Songwriter under alias “Seadox” in Turkey.
Our developer Sabri Kaş, 23 yo - Web developer since 2015, studying Finance at Çukurova University, worked on various website designs in Turkey and couple projects.
Our graphic designer Yusufhan Bora Yiğit, 23 yo - graduated from Dokuz Eylül University in 2018, studied Economics, graphic designer for 4 years. He is also a musician and multi-instrumentalist.