bkolobara In Stargazer you can print/save the QR code, but I don't think there's any way to import a QR code, at least I couldn't find one. You have to have the key/seed. Here's how I did it on a Mac:
- In Stargazer, select the account you want the seed of.
- Click the account settings button (the little gear in the top right corner of the Stargazer window).
- Click Advanced
- Click Export Account. That displays the QR code.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code by doing a command-shift-4. The cursor will turn into crosshairs. Drag a rectangle around the QR code. It doesn't have to be exact, I grabbed some whitespace as well.
- Download QR Journal from http://www.joshjacob.com/mac-development/qrjournal.php. It's a free Mac app to decode QR codes. There are versions for 10.6-10.11. I don't know if it specifically doesn't work on Sierra or higher or just hasn't been tested. I'm still on El Capitan and it works their fine.
- Run QR Journal.
- Click the Import icon.
- Drag the screenshot of the QR code to the window.
- QR Journal will decode the QR code and display the result under the code. Although it's a JSON object, JSON is pretty straightforward so it should be usable even if you've never heard of JSON.
- In the JSON, look for "key":"<bunch of letters and digits>" The <bunch of letters and digits> is your key/seed. Copy that, and save it securely somewhere.
- To test, you can run Stargazer, click the + to add an account, click Import Account, and paste the key you got from the QR code into the Account Seed field. If it's a valid key/seed, the Import Account button at the bottom of the window will be enabled. If it doesn't, you didn't copy the right thing, didn't get all of it, or got too much.
- If you click the Import Account button, Stargazer should briefly say Account already exists.
It's easier than it might seem looking at the above, although why Stargazer doesn't do this automatically I don't know. Maybe I'll suggest it.
Anyways, hope that helps someone.